Monday, December 05, 2005

It’s Official! I’ve Made it as a Blogger! My First Hate Mail!

Apparently my all in good fun article about Tyler Hansbrough and Josh McRoberts being the same goofy white kid who drives from one school to the other to play for both touched a nerve with the more satirically challenged portion of our fan base. Before I move into making fun of these PM’s let me first give a hearty thank you to the person that sent them to me. First, my wife and I got a big kick all weekend out of them. More in a laughing at you kind of way, but hey fun is fun. Secondly, I couldn’t have asked for better proof for my point about our humorless fans. Here is each PM in its entirety (grammar uncorrected), mocking to follow directly there after.

I made the mistake of reading your blog.

i find your constant referance to white bb players as goofy white kid to be extremely offensive. i dont see you refering to stupid black kids.

if your black than you are a racist. if your white than you dont have a clue.

if you were to call John Barry a goofy white kid i would hope he would knock your ass out. he appeared on the hbo with bryna gumble sports show and complained that the nba does not give white players credit. point being that their are many who feel this way but stifle themselves due to the pc movement.

as far as there being a lot of good black bb players i agree. reaason why they outnumber the white bb players is cultural.

many white kids grow up knowing that the key to being successful is an education. meanwhile the black community embraces success as being a professional athlete despite the fact that the odds are stacked against it. the fact that there are so many poorly educated black athletes that cant get a college scholarship bear that out.


the white guys are studying while the black guys are playing hoops. hmmmmmm.

so if you are into differentiating black vs white by statements such as goofy etc than i guess that stupid and black could be linked.

another reason could be that white athletes are a good bit more diverse wrt sports than blacks as far as sports played.

a VAST majority of black athletes concentrate on bb and fb. while the white athletes play fb bb baseball golf tennis sking wrestling field hockey skateboarding swimming skydiving soccer gymnastics etc. give the white athlete a choice of bb and fb only and things would even themselves out.

get it?


Apparently one day without the validation of an anonymous blog writer wasn’t enough for champ here so roughly 24 hours later I got another one.

I find your blog obnoxious.

your constant ref to goofy white kid is blatantly racist regardless if you are white or black.

i have a hunch your black.

calling any white kid goofy is similar to calling a black kid stupid.

the reason why there are more good bb players is societal at best otherwise you buy into the idea that we are all not created equal.

for you to even talk like that is an embarassement to the gt community.


Now for the fun part, derisive laughter and finger pointing. A choice selection of some of the more big belly laugh inducing arguments.



i find your constant referance to white bb players as goofy white kid to be extremely offensive. i dont see you refering to stupid black kids.

One, I think somebody forgot to read The Rules, but allow me to reiterate; I really don’t care if you find my blog offensive, that’s the whole point! Secondly, I specifically referred to two white basketball players as goofy white kids (Hansbrough and McRoberts) and implied that another one was in the past (Eric Montross.) What this has to do with stupid black kids is kind of a mystery to me, but I’m sure you’re about to explain it to me.

if your black than you are a racist. if your white than you dont have a clue.
And if I were Hispanic or Asian where would your arguments go then chief? It’s becoming clear that one of us has a black and white worldview problem, but I’m not thinking it’s me.


if you were to call John Barry a goofy white kid i would hope he would knock your ass out.
Look I like Born Free as much as the next guy, but I don’t know what British composers have to do with this. Oh, you were referring to Jon Barry former Georgia Tech player.

he appeared on the hbo with bryna gumble sports show and complained that the nba does not give white players credit. point being that their are many who feel this way but stifle themselves due to the pc movement.
First off the comedy in this paragraph is awesome. Who the fuck is Bryna Gumble and who gave her a show on “The HBO?” Secondly, god bless Jon’s goofy little heart, but Steve Nash, a non-goofy white guy by the way, was the league MVP last year. So I don’t agree with his assertion at all. There just aren’t many completely dominat white players in the league right now. In fact I can think of two, Nash and Nowitszki. I also don’t think either of them are goofy. Bogut is surprising me, but his junior high ‘stache pushes the goofy limit a good bit.

many white kids grow up knowing that the key to being successful is an education. meanwhile the black community embraces success as being a professional athlete despite the fact that the odds are stacked against it.
Yep and that pretty much confirms who has the racial issues here. I’d love to see some studies backing this assertion up, but since I believe it came from the la la land inbetween your ears where the world fits easily into black and white, bite-sized chunks I’m thinking they don’t exist. Well maybe if you’re over at David Duke’s website you could find something, but I’m thinking those results will be just a wee bit partisan.

the white guys are studying while the black guys are playing hoops. hmmmmmm.

Were you actually in that joke picture I put up about the Duke Alumni Basketball Game? Do you own a white pointy hat? Still lament the fact that blacks, women, and jews are allowed to vote? Because right now the only one that is definitely hung up on race is you sport.

so if you are into differentiating black vs white by statements such as goofy etc than i guess that stupid and black could be linked.

Where did I ever differentiate black vs white? I called two specific white kids goofy. I mean look at these two:

For the love of god, they look like they shouldn’t be allowed to use forks much less play basketball. Instead they are two of the best freshman basketball players in the country. I find that kind of stuff funny and impressive. Good for them I say, but I’m still going to make fun of them for looking slightly inbred.

so if you are into differentiating black vs white by statements such as goofy etc than i guess that stupid and black could be linked.
Only in your crazy little world of fucked up logic does this sentence even make sense.

another reason could be that white athletes are a good bit more diverse wrt sports than blacks as far as sports played.a VAST majority of black athletes concentrate on bb and fb. while the white athletes play fb bb baseball golf tennis sking wrestling field hockey skateboarding swimming skydiving soccer gymnastics etc.
I hearby dub the, King of Random Generalizations. I’d like to rebut this entirely, but you’re stretching my limit on crazy talk. The fact that you threw in field hockey is really just the icing on the big fat crazy cake you’re baking here.

give the white athlete a choice of bb and fb only and things would even themselves out.

get it?

Uhm, no you really lost me long ago. In the immortal words of the Nib Highschool Principal (slightly paraphrased): “I’m sorry sir, but you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone reading this blog is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Not content to attempt to drive me insane with your first incoherent grouping of words, you then followed up with these gems:

I find your blog obnoxious.

Excellent, I mostly wrote it for people like you who I am not completely convinced are actually literate.

your constant ref to goofy white kid is blatantly racist regardless if you are white or black.
I wrote a 1700 word post. In it I used the word goofy 4 time and the word white 10 times. Never in any of those words did I refer to all white kids as goofy. That would be a racist statement. Instead I made fun of two goofy white kids who impress me despite looking like they should be struggling to color inside the lines. Let me make it clear, I like the games of Hansbrough and McRoberts. Just like I loved every goofy red hair on Luke Schenscher’s big goofy head. Luke gets the allure of the big goofy white kid and even played up to with letting his hair grow out.

i have a hunch your black.
I have two hunches that I can’t decide between on you: angry old man or retarded high school kid. Both involve white velcro shoes and a pair of jeans that are probably a size too small. The funny thing is that your hunch is completely off base; not surprising given your lack of analytical skills. A school picture of me:

By god if anybody is qualified to discuss goofy white kids it’s me. I graduated with a bachelor and a masters from GWKU. I’m the goddamn president of the goofy white kid fan club. Hell, I barely tan I’m so white.

the reason why there are more good bb players is societal at best otherwise you buy into the idea that we are all not created equal.
I had no idea that being taller, faster, and stronger was societal. That’s fucking amazing, I think you just set the field of anthropology back at least 100 years. What do you mean the idea that we’re not all created equal? It’s not an idea, it’s a fucking fact. Otherwise I would be in the NFL right now and you wouldn’t be a dumbass.

for you to even talk like that is an embarassement to the gt community.
And I found your inability to capitilize words, tell the difference between your and you’re, or form an even semi-coherent argument to be an embarassment to the entire human race much less the GT community. Go out and rent to own a sense of humor, look up the word satire in the dictionary, and if all else fails don’t come back here, because last I checked nobody is forcing you to do it.

P.S. My wife wants me to thank you again! She was sick with the flu and miserable all weekend, and your two PM’s were the only thing that kept her smiling and laughing all weekend. So Thanks again Hoss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home