Site Update plus a New Meme
But in the vein of having nothing remotely GT related that interests me to talk about, beesball is still too early to really discuss and I want to fucking cut every last person bitching about uniform colors, here is yet another little internet meme for your reading pleasure. The real fun here is that while I have wide range of musical tastes that I enjoy, I do not really consider myself a musical connoisseur.
1. A favorite political track.
”War” by Edwin Starr and I liked it before it appeared in Rush Hour. In fact I love a bunch of the old protest songs from the Vietnam era. “War Pigs” by Black Sabbath came in a very close second on this list.
2. One of those tracks that will make you dance on the dancefloor no matter what.
”Tootsie Roll” by the 69 Boys. One of the worst songs ever, but the beat is good and I have fond memories of drunkenly and obnoxiously grinding on Agnes Scott girls at band parties to it.
3. The song you’d use to tell someone you love them.
I honestly have no idea. The last dance at my wedding was “Let’s Get it On” by Marvin Gaye and that’s honestly as romantic as I get.
4. A song you know would sell lots of VWs (or ipods, or whatever) if they paid for it. (One that hasn’t already been used).
“Paint it Black” by the Rolling Stones.
5. A song that forced you to sit down and analyze its lyrics.
Weezer’s “In the Garage,” the first song to warm my nerdy little heart in high school.
6. A song you like that a 2 year old would like too.
The amount of Weird Al songs in my mp3 collection make this impossible to answer.
7. A song that makes you drive too fast.
”Jesus Built My Hotrod” by Ministry. Actually the entire Psalm 69 CD is a fucking ticket waiting to happen.
8. A song that makes you feel like kicking someone’s ass.
”Killing in the Name Of” by Rage Against the Machine. In fact I might have to reconsider my favorite political song. Rage Against the Machine is pretty damn tight when it came to that.
Of course I started looking through my play list and I found both “Walk” and “This Love” from Vulgar Display of Power by Pantera. After spending a brief second to lament Dimebag Darrell, I felt like beating the holy hell out of somebody.
9. A song that both you and your grandparents (would probably) like.
I like classical dude so pick and choose.
11. The song you’d send to someone you hated.
Fucking “Holla-Back Girl.” I still think that song was written on a dare.
12. A sad instrumental song that would be in the soundtrack to a movie about your life.
It’s clichéd and silly, but then again so is my life. I’ll go with the Eric Clapton version of “Classical Gas.” “The Real Folk Blues” from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack would place highly up here as well.
13. The peppy song that would start the opening credits in the soundtrack to a movie about your life.
Since I bumped “The Real Folk Blues” then I’m going with “Tank!” from The Cowboy Bebop soundtrack.
14. An acappella song.
Personally, I think Rockappella were unappreciated musical geniuses. How the fuck should I know?
15. A good song from a genre of music that no one could guess that you liked.
I know almost all of the words to “Roll On” by Alabama. Sure we played it my fraternity house before every football game, but I actually like it. It’s definitely one of the finer offerings from the cousin fucker genre.
Unfortunately this man and I actually have something in common.
16. A song you think should have been playing when you were born.
“Experimental Film” by They Might Be Giants: another great TMBG offering that works well for my life up to this point.
17. A favorite artist duo collaboration.
Actual obscure artists alert! Demons and Wizards was a collaboration by Iced Earth and Blind Guardian that was absolutely fantastic nerd metal.
18. A favorite song that you completely disagree with (politically, morally, commonsenically, religiously etc.)
Any song in which Eminem wraps about how great it would be to kill his ex\current\ex\current wife.
19. The song that you love despite the fact your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it.
I’m listening to “Boombastic” by Shaggy right now. But I’ll go with “Bad Touch” by The Bloodhound Gang.
20. Your smooth song, for relaxing.
I don’t want to sound like a queer or nothing, but I’m taking “Personal Jesus” by Depeche Mode.
21. A song that you like but would play loud to annoy the neighbors.
“Fell in Love With a Girl” by the White Stripes
22. A favorite song that’s about a sport or sports.If we can count poker as a sport, then “The Gambler” by Kenny Rogers is my choice here. Otherwise I’m going for the stretch and say that the 12 Gypsy King’s version of “Hotel California” always makes me think about bowling.
Nobody fucks with the Jesus.
23. A favorite track from an outfit considered a “super-group.”
Oddly enough Demon and Wizards actually made the Wikipedia entry for supergroups so I could go with one of their many songs that I really enjoyed, but for this I’ll go with “Fall to Pieces” by Velvet Revolver.
24. The song that makes you want to drink more beer.
I’m going to have to steal a page from Orson’s book and mention that somebody tapping their fingers on their desk make me want to drink more beer.